-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Monte Carlo
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
kickinwayne kickinwayne is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1999 monte carlo blinker problem

my 99 monte carlo's left blinker recently stopped working most of the time. When you hit the left blinker it will not come on and the light on the dash won't come on. however, it does sound like the blinker is going. Does anyone know what is wrong and what i should do?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-07-2007, 10:09 AM
bj96aurora bj96aurora is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1999 monte carlo blinker problem

There could be a couple of problems. This happened to my 98 a few months ago.

1. Check to see that all the lights work. Sometimes the blinkers act like this when a light is out.

2. A bad signal switch. This is what happened to mine. The contacts aren't making good contact. I took it apart and cleaned it up. It works, for the most part. Sometimes it still acts up a bit but hardly at all. Eventually, I will need a new switch but for now I saved $50!

I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-13-2007, 10:24 AM
thakhek thakhek is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1999 monte carlo blinker problem

I am almost certain, that you signal switch is bad. I just replaced mine two weeks ago. It costs me $50 for the switch and around 3hrs of work. If you need instruction and tools let me know, I will walk you through it..

TK
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Monte Carlo


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts