-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 PM
ricmont ricmont is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question One or the Other????

I have a Honda Accord Lx 2001, 4cyl, automatic with 110,00 miles on it. My car have a vibration around 60mph to 70mph anything before that feels really good. I notice that is less when I let go the gas pedal. Car has a new transmition installed by the dealer because shifting problems, the front wheel bearings where replaced, and I put the front rotors because a pulsation at hard stops. Yesterday I put new rims and four new tires. I took the car for aligment and I was inspected and toe was adjusted to the right specs. The vibration was there before any of this was done really bad, now is problably 40% of what it was, but steel there. I coud feel it on the body of the car, a little bit on the sterring wheel and on the transmition shifter. Any imput will be greatly apreciated after all I have done. I don't know what else to do. Oh one more thing to mention, I notice the hub assembly turning out of round with out the tire and the rotors, and the axle shaft like woboling as it turns on the inner cv joint. Help me!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-01-2007, 11:04 PM
jeffcoslacker's Avatar
jeffcoslacker jeffcoslacker is offline
Lactose the Intolerant
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,410
Thanks: 4
Thanked 52 Times in 51 Posts
Re: One or the Other????

Sounds like one of the CV shafts didn't get fully seated into the tranny...take it back before it self-destructs...which it will, if fluttering off-center...
__________________
You made three mistakes. First, you took the job. Second, you came light. A four man crew for me? F**king insulting. But the worst mistake you made...

...empty gun rack.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2007, 07:28 AM
jeffcoslacker's Avatar
jeffcoslacker jeffcoslacker is offline
Lactose the Intolerant
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,410
Thanks: 4
Thanked 52 Times in 51 Posts
Re: One or the Other????

Actually, re-reading it sounds like you have a bent splined stub on the outboard side, or the stub isn't fully seated in the hub bearing...either way I think you need that axle looked at closely...
__________________
You made three mistakes. First, you took the job. Second, you came light. A four man crew for me? F**king insulting. But the worst mistake you made...

...empty gun rack.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-02-2007, 08:10 AM
ricmont ricmont is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: One or the Other????

Thank you for your imput on this matter. I will the mechanic look at it.

Last edited by ricmont; 11-02-2007 at 08:13 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts