-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Saab > 9-3
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Volken's Avatar
Volken Volken is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 226
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hardtop for Convertible - mkII

I had one source in Germany. It was costly as expected, but they were making hardtops for our beloved 9-3 hatch heroes. But in last few years, since new replacement convertible appeared, momentarily I thought some new names would offer proper hardtops. But, alas, even trace of actual hardtop for present convertible turns out to be mission impossible. In EU nothing, in states, several dealers told me there must be a name or two, but never substantiated with some concrete names.

Truth is , I've never been more disappointed with present car design, particularly with EU models. Too aggressive, serving only and completely spoiled by trends. Now that I've seen shocking Dart Vader look of new 9-5, this would, without any doubt reflect the same look in new 9-3. After all, times of corporate looks, where every model looks the same. Illness known to almost every EU maker.

This is why convertible at least offers me some nostalgia toward hatch coupes. Not perfect, but at least has a proper and pleasing coupe shape I like in Saabs. I'm toying witidea to get myself convertible, but again, could anyone offer in EU or US, any name that makes hardtops for 9-3 convertible?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Volken's Avatar
Volken Volken is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 226
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Hardtop for Convertible - mkII

Come on people, nobody?
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Saab > 9-3


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts