|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
grand am problems
I now own a 1999 Grand AM SE. I have had a modulator put on, fuel pump and ignition coil pack. The car starts fine first thing in the morning but after running for awhile and being cut off I have to wait for it to crank. That sometimes can be for an hour or more. What could this be?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: grand am problems
the car won't "crank", or the car cranks but doesnt start up ?
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: grand am problems
IT ACTS LIKE IT WANTS TO START, BUT IT WONT. It makes the crnaking noise, but doesn't start.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: grand am problems
When the vehicle is hot, I would shut if off, let it sit for 2 minutes, and then check fuel pressure.. also, how does the car run when it warms up ?
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: grand am problems
when the car runs it runs good, except for a little skip I think it needs a tune up. I dont know much about cars I am used to taking them to the shop. Thats starting to cost alot of money, My ABS light stays on and so does my Trac off light. Anyone know what this means
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: grand am problems
Welcome to AF shawn79.
Since you didnt mention what engine you have its guess work here.... First things first !! If its cranking and not starting then check for spark at that time. Replacing the plugs & wires if spark is weak could help. Not starting hot could be bad engine grounds, fuel not reaching injectors, loose connections in the ignition system and or could even be a dirty air filter. Ok now to your ICP lights. When these are on the ONLY way to KNOW what it is exactly is to get it scanned with an ABS capable scan tool. But I would say most likly, from the lights you mentioned, one or more of your wheel speed sensors are bad or headed that way. Hope that helps!
__________________
1999 Grand Am SS 3.4 OHV
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: grand am problems
my grand am is a 1999 se 2.4 engine
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: grand am problems
It could be a fuel line that is geting to hot. Try puting woodin cloth pins in it if that fixes the problem your fuel line is hydrolocking. That happened to an old vw rabbit my father had.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: grand am problems
I put it on th ediagnostic machine and the codes I got were po200 and po300
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|