-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 AM
jwalker1970's Avatar
jwalker1970 jwalker1970 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
transfer case motor module switch problem

I have a 1992 F-150 4x4 with elec. 4x4 shift.

I have no response on 4x4 or 4x4 Low switches.

My 10 amp (#18) fuse is good. My circuit breaker for the 4x4 shift is also good.

I have power at the 4x4 control module (behind passenger kick panel), and the red led light lights up when I push the "reset" button.

I get no lights in the 4x4, and 4x4 low switch on the dash.

I have installed a used switch, and module, I still have nothing.

From experience with explorers. (ford dealer says same part#'s). I get clicking in module, and lights in switch if the t-case motor is bad.

I'm stumped. I have no schematic of the system either.

Please help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Earl Ollila Earl Ollila is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: transfer case motor module switch problem

Similar problem -- I have a 1997 F 150 -4.6 4X4 The four wheel drive is operated by a lever on the floor. The 4X4 light comes on when I pull the lever back but the transfer case never kicks in to drive the front wheels. The two fuses that activate the 4X4 appear to be ok. Is there an electronic solenoid that activates the clutch in the transfer case? If so where is is it located? If not, what is the problem?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > F Series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts