-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Cavalier Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? We can help.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-27-2007, 12:45 PM
DT98 DT98 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2002 Sunfire Transmission Cable

Help,

Seems like the transmission cable broke last night on our 2002 Sunfire. Moving the console shifter lever would not move the shifter arm on the transmission. I removed the cable from the trans and was able to use my hand to put the trans in drive so we could get home.

Has anyone replaced this cable or I assume this could be a problem with the shifter?

How does the console come out. Is there a DIY for removing the console.

I would really appreciate how to take the console out before I start this job.
Thanks...
DT98
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-30-2007, 01:40 AM
fray97 fray97 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2002 Sunfire Transmission Cable

I have a similar problem. My gear shift will move up and down but not side to side. I took the cable off and it will move around in all directions. I can move where the cable hooks up to the shifter arm. Have you figured out what was wrong with yours?

I have a 97 pontiac sunfire 5 spd standard
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts