-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Geo > Metro
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 AM
cubano112266 cubano112266 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to cubano112266
Humming noise after highway drive from rear

Hello Group,

I started noticing that usually after a highway drive with speeds at and over 65 MPH and for a distance of 45 miles or more driven, I hear a humming noise once I slow down and start approaching for a complete stop. It will start again once I drive away. I have raised the car and checked out the tires and I do not see anything unusual. I spin them and do not hear anything when cold. The brakes do not appear to be dragging. What could it be?

cubano112266
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Crvett69's Avatar
Crvett69 Crvett69 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,751
Thanks: 0
Thanked 73 Times in 73 Posts
Re: Humming noise after highway drive from rear

probably a rear wheel bearing is going bad
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
91Caprice9c1 91Caprice9c1 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 587
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Humming noise after highway drive from rear

I agree. Easy to change, and cheap on parts.

-MechanicMatt
__________________
1996 Caprice 9c1 - Daily Driven Project Car

1993 Geo Metro - Accident

1991 Caprice 9c1 - Destroyed

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
cubano112266 cubano112266 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to cubano112266
Re: Humming noise after highway drive from rear

Thank you both, I will check them out this weekend.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Geo > Metro


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts