-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Lincoln > Town Car
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
trenchwarfare trenchwarfare is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
91 subwoofer hookup?

I have a DUAL set of 12" woofers and I'd like to hook them up to the stock stereos. I don't want to buy a new stereo as one will be going into my suburban soon. The woofer only has one hookup for the right and one for the left.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
junk yard doggie's Avatar
junk yard doggie junk yard doggie is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 742
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 91 subwoofer hookup?

The stock sp wires that run in your car are very thin. They run inside of that light gray cable caseing. If you try taping into those You won't be happy with the sound. It would be best to install a new head unit and swap it out to your Suburban when it's time. I installed a Sony CD player in mine using the stock wires and amp bypass pig tail. It sounds like crap, and I'm half deaf. Someday I'll run all new wires to the speekers.

Mike
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Lincoln > Town Car


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts