|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
ZQ8 Steering box on a 4x4 question
I think the general consensus in these forums is that the Blazer doesn't exactly have the best handling in the world. Like so many others, I've been considering putting a ZQ8 steering box in mine. The only issue is mine is a 4X4.
I read the following quote in a different forum: "The ZQ8 box has a quicker ratio than the stock 2WD S10 box. The 4WD box has different turn "stops" that allow the truck to turn tighter circles. You would lose this with a steering box from a 2WD truck." Is this true? Is there anyone else in this forum who has done the ZQ8 conversion on a 4x4? If so, did you actually lose anything (I can't imagine the steering being any worse)? Thanks for any input, Dawn ________ '95 4dr 4x4 V6 4.3L Vortec 149K miles _________ This really isn't a problem diagnosis issue, but my thread was moved. How can I delete it? Last edited by Softwolf; 09-08-2007 at 04:38 PM. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|