-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Rabbit
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 PM
bdeaner bdeaner is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy 1980 VW Rabbit Convertible

I'm looking for a few parts. I'm hoping someone might have them and would be willing to part with them or give me a web site to look for the used parts. I need the face plate and the three knobs for the heater. The VW dealership down the street can't even order the parts any more for a 1980, so I guess I'm on the hunt at salvage yards and the internet. With the 1980 the radio/cassette player sits right above the heater unit in the front dash next to the speedometer. The radio is gone also, so I'm hoping to find that as well or if I can't I'll just have someone put a CD player in there and custom build a face plate to fill in the hole. But, I really need the knobs and faceplate for the heater because I don't know which slider controls what.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2007, 05:55 PM
moparvwfreak moparvwfreak is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1980 VW Rabbit Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeaner
I'm looking for a few parts. I'm hoping someone might have them and would be willing to part with them or give me a web site to look for the used parts. I need the face plate and the three knobs for the heater. The VW dealership down the street can't even order the parts any more for a 1980, so I guess I'm on the hunt at salvage yards and the internet. With the 1980 the radio/cassette player sits right above the heater unit in the front dash next to the speedometer. The radio is gone also, so I'm hoping to find that as well or if I can't I'll just have someone put a CD player in there and custom build a face plate to fill in the hole. But, I really need the knobs and faceplate for the heater because I don't know which slider controls what.
i have some of those parts. let me knwo EXACTLY what you need. i have several heater control bezels and knobs. i just need to knwo what style the main dash bezel is. as for which slider is which, the top left runs teh foot vent for the heat, the top right runs the defog, and the bottom is the temp selector. as for the radio a DIN style (standard cd player size) will fit but may stick out a little far. and no faceplate needed.
__________________
dodges, dubs, chevys and now fords. i am a glutton for punishment.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Rabbit


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts