-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Avalon/Pronard
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-29-2007, 05:37 PM
ch7490 ch7490 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ABS and TRAC OFF Light

Hi,

I have a '97 Toyota Avalon XLS. I have had it for 2 years and it has been a very reliable car (knock on wood). I bought it in Dec. 2005 with 119,000 miles. Ever since I have owned the car I have noticed that the ABS and TRAC OFF light blink on and off. Now the check engine light is coming on when it didnt use to before. My friend said it is just the sensors...but I really want to make sure. Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, what did you do? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am reluctant to take it to the dealer becuase they charge so much...please help somebody. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 AM
csaxon csaxon is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 386
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: ABS and TRAC OFF Light

The ABS and TRAC OFF light blinked on and off continuously for 2 years? Or just randomly?
If the check engine light just came on, then it may be for another problem. Try getting the code read free at an AutoZone or another car parts place and tell us what the code is. Good Luck.
__________________
It worked fine until I fixed it!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2007, 04:44 PM
lrmjjm lrmjjm is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: ABS and TRAC OFF Light

I have a 2001 Avalon and have had the same problem. The VSC/VSC Off & CEL has been coming on after I fuel up. After about 20 miles it will go off and comes back on around 1/4 tank of gas. After much research this is a very common problem but have yet to hear of anyone who has successfully corrected this problem. We are buying a Sienna and want to sell the Avalon instead of trade in but I feel it will be hard to convince someone that the lights don't mean much. Has anyone had any success in correcting this problem and able to keep the lights off?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Toyota > Avalon/Pronard


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts