-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
F-Body Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Corinnez28 Corinnez28 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1995 Z28 Camaro starting problem

Hello all-

I hope someone can help me! My Camaro is doing this weird thing when it starts. It will chug, if I give it gas, it will stay started. If it dies, I have to wait about 10 min, then try again. But today, it rained, and my car barely started, started chugging, i backed up and it died. I turned the key again, and it chugged again, then died. I came back 3 hrs later and it started fine. I think it has to do with water. Before, i was having this problem, it was the distributer cap. Everytime I would wash my car or water would get it, it would have this starting problem. PLEASE HELP ME!! Now I am really screwed, becuase it would not stay started today, and I am hoping its not the cap.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Mr. Monkeywrench Mr. Monkeywrench is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1995 Z28 Camaro starting problem

If you replaced the opti spark (distributer cap) at the shop they should have installed a hose/vent kit to remove acess moisture or coolant from a leaky water pump. I replaced an opti on mine.. what a biotch! Try the coil.. Almost positive! My 94 Z did the same thing in the rain. Replace the coil module dude.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > F-Body Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts