-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-27-2007, 09:40 PM
CFD-06/18/07-RIP CFD-06/18/07-RIP is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Healdight Issue.

I have a 1999 Dodge 2500. I recently installed my emergency warning lights on it, included was the wig-wag for the headlights. But as I found out the hard way, you have to use Factory specific flasher for this application, after the fact..... Anyways, in order to install you have to tie into the Highbeam for each light, I did so with a simple splice as diagrams show. But for some reason there is a problem doing this to 99 and newer models. I removed the wig-wag system completely after finding out that it doesnt work, and restored the wiring to factory settings. Now I have the left headlight dim and the right headlight fine even though both were spliced. I'm 99% positive its a ground issue, but I cant seem to find it. Ive retraced the wiring back to the lamp switch, and checked all grounds, but no luck. Dealership insists Im missing something which is very likely, but I just wanted to see if anyone has an answer and/or suggestion before I take it to them. I would also like any info on the reason why the 99 and newer models are affected this way if anyone knows. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts