-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Astra/Astra Coupe/Kadett
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-20-2007, 05:34 AM
trefarr trefarr is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Awful problem with opel astra

Hi guys I am new here.

I b be gratefull if anyone can help me with my problem.

Basically I bought a new opel astra in 1999 from the opel seller in malta.
The car has a serious problem with the clutch or hydraulic and the representatives of opel in malta are saying they don t know how to solve it.
It s been giving me problems since I bought it and i took it for repair at them about 10 times with same problem.

Basically the problem is that the clutch is loosening up and all they do is change the master cylinder and it comes good again only for same problem to happen after a few months.

I d like some advices on the problem but most of all I d like to know if someone can help me get an e mail address or website were I can send an official complain about how I m being treathed.

Thanks everyone..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-22-2007, 04:40 AM
mmcleo11's Avatar
mmcleo11 mmcleo11 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 485
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Awful problem with opel astra

You won't find much luck making a complaint on an 8 year old secondhand car.

I would check to see what clutch fluid is being used and consider using a dot4.1 brake fluid to see if that helps the problem. I would also check that the hydraulic fluid lines are not damaged or filled with dirt/sludge which will cause the seals in the mastercylinder to fail.

After that, I would also make sure that your not pressing the clutch pedal down too far(no need to go all the way to the floor) as that will blow mastercylinder seals very quickly. It might be that you need a stopper bolt to stop you from pushing the pedal all the way to the floor. Find a point where the clutch allows you to change gears without grinding the gearbox to pieces.

Good luck
__________________
N14 Pulsar
VQ35 conversion with major N/A upgrades, 6 spd FWD manual HLSD
18" Rims, big brake kit, Coil overs and freshly painted

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
Boyd Coddington 19" Turbine Wheels
AP Racing 4 Piston Brakes
Tein Coil over Suspension
HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-06-2007, 05:01 AM
Boroboy Boroboy is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Awful problem with opel astra

This forum may be useful:- http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co....splay.php?f=83
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Astra/Astra Coupe/Kadett


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts