-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Silver Blue '97 Silver Blue '97 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thermostat location??

I have a '97 Aurora, will somebody please tell or show me where is the thermostat is located. I have owned this car for 5 years now and the normal running temp. was 200 deg., just lately it's running the next line above 200 deg. I changed the water-pump belt because it was the original belt, thinking it might be slipping, no change. I would like to change the thermostat but don't know where it is or what the procedure is. If anyone has any other thoughts on this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 PM
3100MPFI 3100MPFI is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 3100MPFI Send a message via MSN to 3100MPFI
Re: Thermostat location??

thermostat is on the engine where the upper radiator hose is attached.

Here is a pic from the book.

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Silver Blue '97 Silver Blue '97 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Thermostat location??

Thank You 3100MPFI, a picture is worth a thousand words, Thanks again!

This means you have to drain the whole system, right.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2007, 04:44 AM
3100MPFI 3100MPFI is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 3100MPFI Send a message via MSN to 3100MPFI
Re: Thermostat location??

When I did it, I just drained the radiator. Well, removed the readiator.

The radiator had sprung a leak, so while it was out of the car I did the thermostat.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts