-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier
Register FAQ Community
View Poll Results: Which seats do you choose after telling me what you think?
Matrix Type X (black/blue) 2 40.00%
Viper Racing (all black) 2 40.00%
Viper Racing (black/blue) 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-18-2007, 11:01 PM
DeadBlade89's Avatar
DeadBlade89 DeadBlade89 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DeadBlade89
Having a hard time desiding...

...What racing seats I should get.

At first, I was looking at these Matrix Type X seats and I really liked them.

But then I was looking for better prices and I ran across these for about $50 more.

And then I looked a little more and found the same seats with blue/black instead of all black for the same price.


Im lost @ which ones to choose. But ive narrowed my choices down between these 3. Guys, help me out by telling me what you think

Thx!
__________________
2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray
You're right, I actually own a '94 Civic, I just put Subaru badges on it and make the turbo noises as I drive down the road to fool other people.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Lefix's Avatar
Lefix Lefix is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 485
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Lefix
Re: Having a hard time desiding...

I like the all black one, but if you want some blue, then i would go with the Matrix type X ones, they look better than the Viper black/blue ones...
__________________


My CarDomain

Boost coming soon...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Classicrocjunkie's Avatar
Classicrocjunkie Classicrocjunkie is offline
Lifted GMT-360!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Classicrocjunkie
Re: Having a hard time desiding...

You get what you pay for. I had a set of cheap racing seats.... never again!

They squeaked like a mofo, recliner function didn't work for shit. If your looking budget wise, i would start looking at something like Tenzo's which you can get a package deal for like $600ish shipped from Gravana. W/ brackets and sliders.

For another 100-200 if you can spare it look into Corbeau's .

I honestly don't think your going to like them bro.
__________________
Please don't PM me with your J-body Issues. Post appropriately in the forums,
and I will toss my opinion in your thread if I have anything to help. - Thanks!


2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-19-2007, 11:53 AM
DeadBlade89's Avatar
DeadBlade89 DeadBlade89 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DeadBlade89
Re: Having a hard time desiding...

Well I ordered the Matrix seats.

I heard from a friend that he ordered some Matrix seats and he loved them. Said they were really comfortable.

So next, should I order the Matrix 4-point harness w/ a regular belt lock

or a JDM 4-point harness w/ a camlock?
__________________
2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray
You're right, I actually own a '94 Civic, I just put Subaru badges on it and make the turbo noises as I drive down the road to fool other people.

Last edited by DeadBlade89; 07-19-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Classicrocjunkie's Avatar
Classicrocjunkie Classicrocjunkie is offline
Lifted GMT-360!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Classicrocjunkie
Re: Having a hard time desiding...

Do you know how to properly mount racing harness's? There is a RIGHT and WRONG way to do this. The Wrong way can result in being paralyzed for the rest of your life if you get into a front end collision. The correct and safest way to racing harnesses your looking at spending a few hundred dollars.

The shoulder belts should be from straight back to no more than 10 degrees down from the shoulders. This can be obtained by mounting a bar behind the seat off the B-pillars. Not some cheap bar but something thats going to stop you from moving forwards. This will still also create a problem if your ever in a roll over accident. The harnesses are designed to keep you in your seat, unlike factory which allow you to still move from side to side. To make a long story short and do this properly and safely, install a roll cage.



or if you can assure your self your never going to roll your car...





... and i'm done. For your own saftey, go with one of the above routes and don't just mount them to the floor under your seat without the use of a bar to cut the angle down.
__________________
Please don't PM me with your J-body Issues. Post appropriately in the forums,
and I will toss my opinion in your thread if I have anything to help. - Thanks!


2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Lefix's Avatar
Lefix Lefix is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 485
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Lefix
Re: Having a hard time desiding...

Do a 5 point lol...
__________________


My CarDomain

Boost coming soon...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-20-2007, 04:34 PM
DeadBlade89's Avatar
DeadBlade89 DeadBlade89 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DeadBlade89
Re: Having a hard time desiding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefix
Do a 5 point lol...
id like to have kids, thank you very much. haha
__________________
2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray
You're right, I actually own a '94 Civic, I just put Subaru badges on it and make the turbo noises as I drive down the road to fool other people.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-20-2007, 04:39 PM
JStumpalump150's Avatar
JStumpalump150 JStumpalump150 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 777
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Having a hard time desiding...

the matrix belt is cool cuz you donthave to fasten all the belts every time you get in, just the bottom one
__________________
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V w/6 Speed Manual
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts