-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-01-2007, 06:32 PM
DeeJayy DeeJayy is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Towing Limit

Hi,
We have a 7700 lb. Travel Trailer. Should I be able to tow this with my 2002 Ram 1500 w/ a 4.7? We are only moving it a couple campsites so its not like we are going down the road but I wanted to ask before I tried and like blow my tranny or something. Well thanks in advance for the help.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-01-2007, 09:13 PM
crazys182003's Avatar
crazys182003 crazys182003 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 291
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Towing Limit

Well I think you should be fine. Not sure which tranny you have an what gears but looking at the 2003 towing capacities it is at least 6,000 for a manual tranny and 3.55 gears. Now if you have an auto with 3.55 gears it says 6,400-6,600. Those numbers are for a 2wd. Now if you look at the 4wd the numbers are up around 7,400. But if you have a manual 4wd the numbers are around 4,400. Basically its your call. But if it were my truck I would say go for it b/c I know I have beaten my truck up worse and it still runs decent. I've had to hookup to a tractor trailer and assist him up a hill at work before b/c it was gravel and he couldn't make it up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2007, 12:37 PM
DeeJayy DeeJayy is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Towing Limit

OK thanks for the response. Yeah we have an auto so I'm hoping everything will be all right
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts