|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
96 Altima Strut replacement
I need to replace the struts for the front and rear. The car isn't driving bad. It's just feels a little rough. Also, it knock a little when I really turn to the right (U-Turn). So I may need to look at something else. But I know they haven't been replaced in a least 4 or 5 years.
I've been reading the Chilton book for replacing struts. So have an idea of what to do. But has anyone done it that could give me any advice. For the rear struts the book says I need to take out the back seat. But it doesn't say how to take out the back seat. Anyone have any words of wizdom? |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 96 Altima Strut replacement
look at where the floor carpeting goes up and meets the bottom of your backseat... you will find two large bolts. undo those bolts. then, open up the middle compartment as if you are trying to reach the trunk; there is a loose flap of material that kinda is connected from the plastic door there to the chassis of the car; look behind that flap and you will see a couple screws, take those out. the portion of the backseat that you rest yourback on has to be kind of lifted up vertically to get it off of some hooks, then can be pulled towards you off the chassis; after removing that you can pull off the seat cushion. gluck!
__________________
~1994 Altima GXE 5 speed~ Current mods: Short Ram Intake Tint 8500K headlights New sound system, 2 12" subs (600W) |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 96 Altima Strut replacement
Thanks! Very Helpful
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|