-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Contour
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-25-2007, 09:50 AM
KMKsuburbannoise KMKsuburbannoise is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Squeaking under the hood??

I have a 97 Contour. It squeaks for maybe 7 or 8 seconds when I first start it. It's coming from inside the motor, haven't listened to see where from yet since it just started a day ago. I had heard it may be a belt. I had the whole timing system changed about 2 months ago but the timing belt is different than the other belts right? Could the squeaking be a belt? I had heard it may be a water pump or alternator, but there is no coolant leaking and the battery is always charged.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Jason43's Avatar
Jason43 Jason43 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Squeaking under the hood??

Most likely a serpentine belt. Get a can of belt dressing and spray on it while the car is running. If it stops, there's your problem.
__________________
Just go to contour.org

1999 Ford Contour SVT
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Contour


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts