-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-30-2002, 05:39 AM
TerminalVelocity's Avatar
TerminalVelocity TerminalVelocity is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TerminalVelocity
Honda folks...I got a question

how much do the seats out of a new (newer) ex or SI weigh?

I reallly need to know, any help is awesome
__________________
My new RHD project!


Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-30-2002, 09:21 AM
TheBum TheBum is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TheBum
I dont know the exact weight, but if you concerned about shipping costs for any reason, I just bought the full set of 98 ex seats and it was $100 to ship from Tennesse to Oregon.

When I held the seats, the front two felt around 30-40 lbs and the two parts that made up the back were extremely light (about 20 lbs total).

Thats all the help I got!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-2002, 01:37 AM
TerminalVelocity's Avatar
TerminalVelocity TerminalVelocity is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TerminalVelocity
thanks

anyone got SI seat weights?
__________________
My new RHD project!


Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-2002, 04:46 PM
PaulD PaulD is offline
Audio Guy
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,701
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
He's obviously looking for very light seats for the thunderchickn.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-04-2002, 03:10 AM
TerminalVelocity's Avatar
TerminalVelocity TerminalVelocity is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TerminalVelocity
yes, and cheep too, ,something I can find at a junkyard (hopefully) unlike sparco's which cost shitloads

if my car weighs near honda levels, well, you do the math
__________________
My new RHD project!


Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-04-2002, 03:27 AM
ZEXaccord ZEXaccord is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think you need to change more than the seats to make your car light as a civic.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-04-2002, 01:11 PM
TerminalVelocity's Avatar
TerminalVelocity TerminalVelocity is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to TerminalVelocity
lol, well, it wont ever be truly as light as a civic unless I change my chassy

But I have done -alot- to lighten it up and I keep finding more crap to pull out, modify, or replace with something lighter.
__________________
My new RHD project!


Solid Crew (Circa 2002)
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Audio


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts