-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-10-2007, 11:12 AM
montie51 montie51 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry 2000 impala LS stalls

Any Ideas why my 2000 Impala LS with 3.8 engine, stalls when I try to start it . It takes up to three attempts before it will start. This happens on a cold start. If I turn the key to on 3 times before I try to start it will start on the first try.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Gems Gems is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 impala LS stalls

Does the engine fire and then stumble and stall about a second or two later?
__________________
Go Mark Martin!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-10-2007, 06:03 PM
montie51 montie51 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 impala LS stalls

Not on the first try,on the second or third try it stumbles and stalls. When it does start it sort of reves up, and you can smell a gas oder. It seems to be doing it all the time now, not just when it is cold.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-19-2007, 08:14 AM
zoemayne zoemayne is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 impala LS stalls

Im having the apparently same problem with my impala. Last night it finally didnt start so i had to abandon it. I'll try to start it up again this morning if it does not start I think im gonna try to replace the starter......If that does not work I might replace the fuel pump (w a new on) b/c I replaced it with a used one a few months back. I posted a thread up a while back. You can check it out. Also I have a 2000 Impala 3.4 ~91K miles. http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=699821
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-20-2007, 11:04 PM
zoemayne zoemayne is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 impala LS stalls

I got it towed to a friends house and he easily told me it was the starter. So he changed it and it is working fine now. So it was the starter...................
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-05-2007, 08:54 PM
montie51 montie51 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 impala LS stalls

Turned out to be the fuel pressure regulator.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts