|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Ford Contour Alternator Location Possible Problem
My car 98 Ford Contour has been having problems with not starting. It's a problem with the battery/alternator I think. A knowlegable person suggested that it could possibly be the location of the altornator. I've heard there's a difference in the location of the V-4 and V -6 models. The alternator on the V-6 is underneath the engine, I believe. The alternator, in this location, receives a lot of water from the road. Does anyone have any ideas?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Ford Contour Alternator Location Possible Problem
I seriously doubt that the location of the alternator has an affect on your starting system. Lets the start from the top. When you say it doesn't start do you mean it cranks but no start, or does it do nothing at all? I would start by checking the battery terminals assuming its a no crank/no start condition. Some more info on the car would help, mileage, engine I4 or V6, Ford never made a V4, Toyota did try it though.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Ford Contour Alternator Location Possible Problem
The car is a V-6, and it has 15,000 miles on it. the engine doesn't turn over when i tried to do it.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Ford Contour Alternator Location Possible Problem
15k miles only? That low mileage would indicate that you don't drive it much in which case i lean towards a bad battery
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|