-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
This Sound about right?

I was using the DSM tuning Spreadsheet, and I ammended a few values; due to the discovery of an inaccurate boost gauge.

Do these values seem feasible to you guys?

Enter Base Data
Boost Pressure (psi).....Turbo to Mani Pres. Drop.....Compressor Efficiency.....Intake Temp (*F).....Intercooler Efficiency.....Drivetrain Loss, %
22.3..................................1.57........................................70%...... .........................70....................... ....70%...............................18%
Enter Engine Criterium
Engine Speed (RPM).....Volumetric Efficiency.....Displacement
6500...........................90%................ .........2
Calculated Values
PR.....CI Displaced.....MAP (psi).....Charge Temp (*F).....CFM Airflow (at STP)....Lb/min Airflow
2.75.........122...............37................. .144.374445..............395.7434865............ 31.65947892
Approx. Horsepower (crank).....Approx. Horsepower (wheel)
332.4245286................................272.588 1135


The Car was a 1G Talon Tsi:
14B turbo
FMIC
16.5psi on boost gauge (22.3psi when gauge was tested)
Assuming that it was an avg 70°F summer day and that my drivetrain loss was sitting at 18%.
Fresh set of heads, new gaskets everywhere(pretty much)
no known boost leaks
450's
Walbro 255
2.5" exhaust
A/C Delete
P/S Delete


(Sorry if this offends anyone, not trying to bench race... although I guess this is kind of, just trying to get a general idea of what the car was running, to know where to set goals for the AWD).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq

Last edited by Mikelb; 05-17-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: This Sound about right?

It all seems to be pretty close to where it should be with that mod list I'd say...
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: This Sound about right?

Niiice... After sitting and looking over the numbers, I wanna say that I was really pushing that whole setup. I got some upgrades coming for the AWD.

When I put it together, it should have:
3" exhaust (completely custom, 3" all the way back, no 2.5")
Aeromotive FPR
850's
50-trim (gotta figure out how to make that work)
Cometic HG
ARP Headstuds
hopefully removing bs shafts
More accurate gauges(!!!)


Oh, and the AWD has A/C and PS... it'll make a nice sleeper/Daily driver
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: This Sound about right?

Cool... Yeah I was hoping you would be upgrading your headstuds, injectors and stuff a bit if you are gonna run 22psi like that. lol

You should consider cams too in your next upgrade here.
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: This Sound about right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
Cool... Yeah I was hoping you would be upgrading your headstuds, injectors and stuff a bit if you are gonna run 22psi like that. lol

You should consider cams too in your next upgrade here.
^I didn't intend on running 22lbs... if you go to my thread "Autometer Gauges Way Off" you'll see why I was running 22psi...

Unless I get rid of the BMW I won't be able to buy much at all. I'm planning my AWD build on the fact that I have an offer on the stock turbo setup (Turbo Aveo anyone )

I think I'll probably be running anywhere from 18-21 psi on the 50-trim, but I'm unsure yet.

Oh, DSMLink is in my near future... As well as, going back to college... If all goes as planned...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: This Sound about right?

G'News... The BMW is sold... Deal went through last night... I still have it for ~1 week. I gotta put it back to stock, and clean it up. That's $430/mo off my back... I can put the AWD together now...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:46 PM
steviek's Avatar
steviek steviek is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,868
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: This Sound about right?

Hey i think your intake temp is off.
Even if it is 70degrees outside I have noticed that the intake temp is at least 40 degrees above that because the heat from the engine seeps over to the intake. Unless you have it cold air intaked or dammed away from the engine Intake temp on my car are normally pretty high.
__________________
FP 18g turbo e3 o2 & mani, 3" exhaust, , 7 bolt, wiseco/eagle, walbro 255hp re-wired, Aeromotive FPR, FIC 1150cc, injen intake, greddy RS, aem wideband, turbo xs mbc, act 2600 clutch sprung 6 puck, BC 272's, dsmlink v2.5, ETS FMIC, Devils Own, JMF SMIM.
18 Inch chrome rims
In closet AEM Fuel Rail, SS Lines,
1997 TSI AWD
Diamonds Are 4Ever
12.7 @ 107
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...y/DSC00461.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: This Sound about right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviek
Hey i think your intake temp is off.
Even if it is 70degrees outside I have noticed that the intake temp is at least 40 degrees above that because the heat from the engine seeps over to the intake. Unless you have it cold air intaked or dammed away from the engine Intake temp on my car are normally pretty high.
Yeah, I didn't setup the variables in the spreadsheet; so I don't know all the variables in there. I agree with you though. Also, I feel like pushing the 14B that high would create more heat...

I'm really just trying to figure out about where I was and where I'm headed... it doesn't have to be exact (not trying to sound like an asshole, plz don't take it that way)

Question about the 50-trim. How much air should it flow, and what PR would/should it be at for the Talon?
Aslo, what size injectors should I run? I'm thinkin' 850's... There's a thread on Tuners that I lost, but if I could find it, I'd know exactly what to run for my fuel setup.


Also, I'm planning on raising the base fuel pressure, say 40psi. (I need that damn FPR first!!!!)^Any ill effects from doing this?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: This Sound about right?

One more question, where does that 1G MAS top out???

IIRC, I was showing 2250hz when the turbo and fuel started topping... the alarm on my SAFC was going off, but I didn't know if it would show when that sensor topped correctly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts