-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-02-2007, 02:07 PM
lumina9327 lumina9327 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Lumina:Window Not Working!

93 Lumina...Driver side window decided that one day it wasn't going to go down. All other windows are operating. I don't know where to start...fuse? wires? Where do I check? IN the door? In a fuse box? It is getting very warm in Jersey and I need to know because my AC doesn't get cold but I am not sure if i even want to mess with that problem. We have a baby due in a month and it would be a good thing to get this car in order but so many people have so many rememdies...none that work though. Help
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Artem F Artem F is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 58
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lumina:Window Not Working!

Check the contacts then check the motor. Anyway, you have to disassemble the driver's door - start from the lid with the switches.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 PM
luminasrus luminasrus is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 23
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Lumina:Window Not Working!

It is most likely the switch on the drivers door. It is a common problem on these cars, I only paid $15 for the last used one I bought. Just remove and replace. No need to disassemble the door.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-13-2007, 04:34 PM
FFjwhite's Avatar
FFjwhite FFjwhite is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to FFjwhite Send a message via Skype™ to FFjwhite
Re: Lumina:Window Not Working!

Well I had this same problem last month. I went out and bought another used switch. I took the old one apart and come to find out its a little plasic peice that makes contact with the metal tabs on the inside to make the window go down.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts