-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '91 - '96
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-01-2007, 01:33 PM
texasprd texasprd is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fuel Pressure Test Point?

I'm going to help a non-mechanical friend diagnose her '94 2.0L Jetta - I found fuel pressure specs in her Haynes manual, but it makes no mention of a test point.

Going by memory, I believe it is multi-point injected. Can anyone tell me where the test point is located and if it's a Schrader type, or if this engine even has a fuel pressure test point?

I have no familiarity with VWs - all my experience is on 80s/90s Chevys & old Fords, so I appreciate your help !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-02-2007, 08:49 PM
david07 david07 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Fuel Pressure Test Point?

Looking at the fuel rail of a non-turbo 2L engine there
is a barbed metal end with a small screw. (Opposite end
from where the fuel lines & regulator connect.)

I haven't tried this but it looks like you remove the screw to
attach a test hose. However, the screw is above the distributor
so you'll want some container to catch any leakage, I'd suspect
the fuel remains under pressure so proceed with caution.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-02-2007, 11:26 PM
texasprd texasprd is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Fuel Pressure Test Point?

Thanks, David! I noticed that when I looked at the car tonightand was thinking the same thing. I'll investigate that more next time.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora > '91 - '96


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts