-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-16-2007, 05:18 PM
venture62 venture62 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On-Board Diagnostic System

Hi All,

Been searching the forum all afternoon with no luck. I have a 2001 Chevy Venture in excellent shape. Just bought it from my brother and when I went for emissions testing they said they had no connection to the OBD plug under the steering wheel. My bro had the same problem years ago and he said it needed a new fuse. My question; Where is the darn fuse for this? I have checked all the fuses and they look ok. Or is it something else I missed. It said in the manual that a low battery can cause this. The battery has been charged a few times in the past but seems to work fine now. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2007, 07:55 AM
cdru's Avatar
cdru cdru is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: On-Board Diagnostic System

I can't help you right off hand for the Venture (I'm at work), but my 97 Cavalier had an identical problem. It ended up that the +12V for the OBD connection was shared with the cigarette lighter. The lighter was damaged long before I purchased the vehicle and had blown the fuse. I removed the lighter, replaced the fuse, and the OBD connector started working again.
__________________
Vinyl adds horsepower, right?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2007, 12:21 PM
venture62 venture62 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: On-Board Diagnostic System

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdru
I can't help you right off hand for the Venture (I'm at work), but my 97 Cavalier had an identical problem. It ended up that the +12V for the OBD connection was shared with the cigarette lighter. The lighter was damaged long before I purchased the vehicle and had blown the fuse. I removed the lighter, replaced the fuse, and the OBD connector started working again.
You hit the nail right on the head. It was exactly the same deal for my venture as it was for your car. I thought I had checked all the fuses but the "car lighter" fuse I must have overlooked. Switched in a new one and the OBD worked fine. Thanks a bunch. You really saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Mike
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Venture


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts