|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
97 Tahoe Muffler
About to get the Tahoe some new muffler work. Just wondering, a few people have recommended Dynoflow or something like that for exhaust pipes? Ring a bell to anyone? and are they worth it?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 97 Tahoe Muffler
I have a Dynomax muffler on my 95 2-door. I originally had a single in single out Flowmaster. I changed basically because i wanted a different sound. Everyone where i live has Flowmaster.....so i wanted to be the different one. I ordered the muffler out of JEGs and it was only 50 bucks. It sounds awesome. No one else has a tahoe that sounds like mine, but this may also have a little to do with the catallitic convertor not being there but oh well. Hey go out on a limb......i was very happy
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 97 Tahoe Muffler
any trouble with the performance after the converter were removed....thinking of removing mine on my 2000 limited....not really worried about the check engine light just the performance
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 97 Tahoe Muffler
Quote:
And will not pass most state and local inspections. EPA stuff here. http://www.epa.gov/air/caa/caa203.txt http://www.epa.gov/air/caa/caa205.txt Also removing a cat can and usually makes the performance go down not up. MT
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems. MT |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 97 Tahoe Muffler
not worried about emissions....just want it to sound and run good
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 97 Tahoe Muffler
Quote:
MT
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems. MT |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 97 Tahoe Muffler
I have a 99 2-dr I have dualed out my exhaust adding some glass packs and removed my cats. The way I understand (and i could be wrong but over 2 year have not seen any change performance wise) is that the rear o2 sensors are just for emission and all they do i trip the service light the front two control the fuel mixture. You can also buy an o2 simulator for summit for around $100 this acually make the computer think the sensors are fine when they are not working. Great sound for little cost
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 97 Tahoe Muffler
I have had no problems, no lights coming on, nothing. The guy cut about 2 inches behind the sensor and it did not mess anythign up. It runs great, actually i have had no problems. I did however get an even greater and more distinctive sound.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 97 Tahoe Muffler
Oh and as far as emission laws, I live in South Carolina and they dont do vehicle inspections here. So thats the other reason i did it.
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 97 Tahoe Muffler
Quote:
MT
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems. MT |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|