-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-05-2007, 01:55 PM
jnicks01 jnicks01 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Door Panel Removal

99 4 door tahoe LT. My front interior door handle has broke. Need to repair the rod/clip/whatever. Problem is, I have no idea how to get the door panel off. Does anyone know a good website that has a step by step process, or can give me a quick explaination? I have most standard tools. Is there some other tool I should buy to help? I will most likely get a few of those plastic clips from the dealer, because I understand they easily break. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-05-2007, 08:25 PM
DJ JEFF DJ JEFF is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Door Panel Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnicks01
99 4 door tahoe LT. My front interior door handle has broke. Need to repair the rod/clip/whatever. Problem is, I have no idea how to get the door panel off. Does anyone know a good website that has a step by step process, or can give me a quick explaination? I have most standard tools. Is there some other tool I should buy to help? I will most likely get a few of those plastic clips from the dealer, because I understand they easily break. Thanks again.

You take out the screws on the arm rest or door pull it should slide forward slightly and come off. Remove the window crank if you have one, use a scribe or some sort of pick to pull the C clip. Remove the plastic molding around the door handle by prying carefully with a regular screwdriver, at the top and bottem of the molding.

Use a flat bar start at the bottom of the door and carefully start prying the panel. It should pop loudly for every plastic holder. You need to take the corner piece off in the upper corner where the mirror is bolted on. I remember having to take that off. Once you think you have all the plastic holders popped, I think you need to have the window all the way down, and you may have to disconnect the power window controls. I don't have power windows in my truck so I don't know what that looks like. Lift up on the panel from the bottom and then pull up on it and it should come off the door.

Once you have the panel off disconnect the power window controls and carefully remove the dust barrior, try not to rip it. You'll want to put that back on otherwise you will feel a drafts coming through the door. Remove all the screws on the inside panel. You won't be taking that completly off. You just have to have it loose to you get your hands in there. The door handle is pretty easy from there. You should be able figure it out by looking at it. All together it took me about a half hour it was a lot easier then I thought it was going to be.

While you have the door panel off use some kroil or liquid wrench on your latch and all other moving parts you see in there.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts