-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Cadillac > Seville
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-24-2007, 06:50 PM
WJP WJP is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down '97 Seville STS Cooling/Heating Problem HELP ME PLEASE

I posted this in October but with the wrong year. Sorry My blower motor and AC are still not working, the heat still puts out but the blower doesn't work. I heard popping noises in front of me as I was driving down low and then the blower would'nt work. I had the car checked out but no one can find the problem. They say the blower is fine the problem must be somewhere else in the line or dash. All fuses in fuse compartment are fine as well. A week after this the AC compressor shut down message says that and says I'm low on refrigerant, not true. The later problem occurred prior to the blower motor not working as well. I've had it to the GM dealership and they have tested it and say they can't find the problem and want to send out the dash and then just start throwing parts in until they find out which one fixes it. I made it through the winter but really need to get it fixed! Can anyone help me find the awnser?

Thanks, WJP
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2007, 06:54 PM
maxwedge maxwedge is offline
A990 racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 17,072
Thanks: 26
Thanked 388 Times in 379 Posts
Re: '97 Seville STS Cooling/Heating Problem HELP ME PLEASE

You are going to need a factory type manual and go thru the trouble tree for no blower operation to correct this, no simple answer. Funny, a Cad dealer gave up on it , hard to believe. You may try going into the on board diagnostics and look for bcm codes, caddyinfo.com has the procedure and the codes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-24-2007, 07:17 PM
WJP WJP is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: '97 Seville STS Cooling/Heating Problem HELP ME PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedge
You are going to need a factory type manual and go thru the trouble tree for no blower operation to correct this, no simple answer. Funny, a Cad dealer gave up on it , hard to believe. You may try going into the on board diagnostics and look for bcm codes, caddyinfo.com has the procedure and the codes.
Thanks for your input. I have had it to two other mechanics since the dealer who try and replace the blower motor to no avail and then tell me to try a "Electronics Specialist? Power to and from blower motor. I guess I'll have to try and find one because the dealer said no codes come up for this problem. I'll let you know if I find the problem.

Thanks, WJP
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Cadillac > Seville


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts