-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Geo > Tracker
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-22-2007, 04:22 PM
derek88 derek88 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
350 In A 95 Tracker

Hi. I have a 95 geo tracker, soft top, and I plan on hot roding it. My plan is to take out my 4cyl. and put in a chevy v8, 350. How many people think this is posible and why.
Thanx for your input.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
baumbr baumbr is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 350 In A 95 Tracker

Apart from the obvious desire to have a hot rod, Why?

Do you intend to retain the 4wd? That will make for a really short drive shaft and too steep U joint angles.

Otherwise, custom engine and tranny mounts, custom tranny tailshaft and shifter linkages. Custom front axle and steering linkages with heavier springs to support the engine. I'm not sure you'll have room for the radiator in any of the 3 dimensions unless you mount it Baja style in the rear roll cage. (You will have a roll cage won't you?)

With the radiator remotely located then the engine might fit under the hood with the front hydraulic dampener and the timing cover against the bumper and the distributor advance will be adjustable from inside the passenger compartment.

A bored out V-6 will give plenty of power and be easier to shoehorn into the car. Just my
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2007, 09:44 AM
derek88 derek88 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 350 In A 95 Tracker

It is a 2wd rear. And as for why, Just for fun. I plan on pushing back the fire wall. It will clutter the cab a little but that is alright. I want to put a custom made axle on the rear so that it doesn't split in 2 coming off the line at the race track. I plan on lowering the front so that it wont leave the ground to much, but I still plan on a wheely bar. I want to do it in a tracker because it is light, even with the 350 i think it will still be light, so it will produce more speed. That or fail completely and rip in half. Either way I won't know until I try.
Do you think it is posible? Has it been done befor?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 PM
viperh viperh is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to viperh Send a message via Yahoo to viperh
Re: 350 In A 95 Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek88
It is a 2wd rear. And as for why, Just for fun. I plan on pushing back the fire wall. It will clutter the cab a little but that is alright. I want to put a custom made axle on the rear so that it doesn't split in 2 coming off the line at the race track. I plan on lowering the front so that it wont leave the ground to much, but I still plan on a wheely bar. I want to do it in a tracker because it is light, even with the 350 i think it will still be light, so it will produce more speed. That or fail completely and rip in half. Either way I won't know until I try.
Do you think it is posible? Has it been done befor?

I'm going to say it'll break in half.. The tracker doesn't have the structural support to handle all of that HP. Aside from a full role cage your going to notice your times aren't going to be that great on the 1/4 because lets just say the tracker isn't that aerodynamic. But by all means if you get it done take videos and pictures because I for one would love to see it. BTW You should go with an LS1 or an LS2 those motors are powerhouses
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Geo > Tracker


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts