-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-16-2007, 03:32 PM
72' Stang 351 H/O's Avatar
72' Stang 351 H/O 72' Stang 351 H/O is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 250
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Another price question.

I found a 1972 Mustang Vert. It's a 3 speed stick it's a 351 2 barrel it looks like the water pump is going to need a change since it's all rusty. He said he'd sell it for 10k he says there is 5000 on the engine.He hasn't told me whats on the rest of the car. He has the build sheet and such but i'm about to haggle him way down because it's not difficult to find a 351 2B in a mustang.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/car/289755088.html

What should I offer? I was thinking like 6000-8000.

opcorn:
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2007, 09:21 PM
351wStang's Avatar
351wStang 351wStang is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,271
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Another price question.

I just dont like that body style. I really dont think its a prefered era for classic mustangs either. He is asking way to much. That car is on a buyer's market. He will only get what you are willing to pay for it. Now if it was a 1967 fastback in premo condition then it would be on a sellers market and he could name his price easy eough. I wouldnt give more than $5k for that car just because that body style is not one of the more prefered ones. Resale on that car is not very high. If you just like those cars I "think" '71-'73 then you should still talk him way down. Most of those cars came with 2bbl 351.
__________________
1969 Cougar
357w & TKO - 475hp
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts