-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Yankee00 Yankee00 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2001 Silverado Blown Speaker

I have blown one of the speakers in my front passenger door. I do not own a manual for this truck, but I examined the door yesterday and could not tell exactly how to get the inside panel off. Anyone have any experience replacing speakers in theri '01? Do I have to take the inner door panel off?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:04 PM
rjeffery rjeffery is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 343
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Silverado Blown Speaker

Yes you have to take the door pannel off. It's pretty easy though, there are 3 screws, 1 under the armrest, and two at the bottom of the door, pop out the plastic thing around the door lock, remove the window crank, if you have one, and remove the triangular plastic piece opposite the outside mirror (pull on it to pop it off). Then lift the door pannel up and pull it away. I think that is everything you have to remove, but take a look in case there is anything that I missed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-26-2007, 06:13 PM
masapell's Avatar
masapell masapell is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 257
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 2001 Silverado Blown Speaker

Rjeffrey has it right on the money. I would like to add that if you have electric windows and doorlocks, you will have to pop up the module that holds those buttons (just pry it up with something that is not sharp, as it pops out easily). Then disconnect the wires to the button module. You will also have to disconnect the tweeter wire (if equipped) and pop the bulb socket out of the courtesy light on the bottom corner of the door. The only slight problem that I had was pulling the wiring harnesses out of their sockets for the doorlock/window module. After doing one, you will see that it is much easier than the old doors of years past.

Sincerely,
Matt
__________________
2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts