-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-23-2007, 08:45 PM
packmancable packmancable is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
feedback

my stereo sounds good till I get half way up on volume then I get feedback. anyone know why
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2007, 03:08 AM
PlayStation3 PlayStation3 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: feedback

do youb have them amp'd or are they running off the headunit
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2007, 07:35 AM
packmancable packmancable is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: feedback

no amp yet 2 650 watt speakers in back & 2 factory speakers in front. I can move fader and balance to 1 back speaker and get loud noise off the speaker thats off. please help thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2007, 10:17 AM
vinnym86's Avatar
vinnym86 vinnym86 is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,379
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to vinnym86
Re: feedback

are your speaker wires running next to your power wires?
__________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand to rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2007, 12:34 PM
packmancable packmancable is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: feedback

I am using same wiring that came in truck. I just swapped out radio and speakers
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2007, 07:43 PM
PaulD PaulD is offline
Audio Guy
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,701
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
Re: feedback

"feedback" ? that is what we call the squealing from a mic when a feedback loop is created with a speaker.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-28-2007, 10:45 AM
doberman_52's Avatar
doberman_52 doberman_52 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,004
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to doberman_52
Re: feedback

Are you tslking sbout staticand crackling sounds? If so, I had that same problem with my 2 JVC HU's that I owned, turned out to be a bad HU. I was thinking it was the speakers though. I couldn't turn my HU past 14 or so with out it crackling and static. But up until 14 or or so, it sounded good.
__________________
1994 Honda Civic - D15B7 W/5 spd
2000 Olds Intrigue - 3.5

Cory
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-28-2007, 09:14 PM
packmancable packmancable is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: feedback

yeah thats it. I hooked the factory hu back up and all is good. This was jvc also. Thanks man
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 PM
doberman_52's Avatar
doberman_52 doberman_52 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,004
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to doberman_52
Re: feedback

Sweet, can you return it for a new one of a different brand? I got 2 JVC HU's in a row through exchange, and both were bad. Is it one of the low end decks?
__________________
1994 Honda Civic - D15B7 W/5 spd
2000 Olds Intrigue - 3.5

Cory
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-01-2007, 07:23 AM
packmancable packmancable is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: feedback

No can do.Its 2 years old now and been in 3 vehicles. I just got new nissan so I got no money to buy new 1. guess I'll stay factory for awhile
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Audio


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts