-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Monte Carlo
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-20-2007, 09:45 AM
TommyR78 TommyR78 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oil Pressure Help

I have '01 Monte with 133k on it and I think I've noticed something out of the norm, but I'm not sure.

Lately when I accelerate there is a secondary sound of what seems to be fluid being pumped or compress that corresponds to the RPM of my engine. I also noticed that my oil pressure guage rises and falls corresponding to stop and go acceleration. And not just a little, either. From below center gauge to 2/3 or 3/4 guage when accelerating. To me oil pressure should be fairly stable once the car is warmed up, maybe varying ever so slightly with acceleration.

Also, twice in the last 8 months I have had my "Low Coolant" warning come on after a quick acceleration (once after I had been driving on the highway for an hour).

Could these symptoms be related? I hope I'm not leaking a fluid somewhere I'm not supposed to be!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Monte Carlo


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts