-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Engineering/ Technical
Register FAQ Community
Engineering/ Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-16-2007, 03:51 PM
jg09's Avatar
jg09 jg09 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VIN searches?

Does anybody know of a website that offers VIN searches that are truly FREE? All the sites I go to tell me things I already know (year, make, model, engine, body style). Where can I get more info?
__________________
RIP: Colin McRae 1968-2007
Johnny McRae 2001-2007
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-27-2007, 11:33 PM
gw84's Avatar
gw84 gw84 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,031
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to gw84
Re: VIN searches?

i know! that does suck. those ads for carfax make it seem like you get lots of information for free...then they want to charge you for it. AFAIK, there aren't any places where you can get free information. Are you wanting history reports or something else? ....there's another one called "auto check" I think... it's about the same as carfax but probably lesser known. If your're wanting history reports, I think you have to just shell out the dough and purchase them ...or know a dealer who has access to that information.
__________________

This ain't your grandma's car!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-29-2007, 09:42 AM
jg09's Avatar
jg09 jg09 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 141
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: VIN searches?

I guess paying is the only way. That sucks.
__________________
RIP: Colin McRae 1968-2007
Johnny McRae 2001-2007
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Engineering/ Technical


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts