-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX > Technical
Register FAQ Community
Technical Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other technical issues here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-22-2007, 10:32 AM
dan the man ivxx dan the man ivxx is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Electrical problem?

I have a 1987 Nissan 200sx, 5spd, v6 (vg30e), and I believe I am having an electrical problem. When I disengage the parking brake, the red dash indicator (Brake), does not turn off, thus failing my state safety inspection. If anyone has any advice, or has experienced this problem before, I would love to hear the input.

Thanks, Dan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2007, 11:15 AM
MetalHeadZaid's Avatar
MetalHeadZaid MetalHeadZaid is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 856
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Electrical problem?

remove the bulb silly.
__________________

S13
Silvia Q's - R.I.P.
R32 GTST Type M Sedan - Sold
R32 GTST Type M Coupe - Sold
S14 Silvia K's - daily
R32 GTS4 - BETTER BE READY!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2007, 02:08 PM
slideways...'s Avatar
slideways... slideways... is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Electrical problem?

check your brakes, then check your fluid level. then remove the bulb
__________________


Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2007, 02:36 PM
miata1.6's Avatar
miata1.6 miata1.6 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 173
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Electrical problem?

I believe there is a switch that is like the brake pedal switch, it is pressed in all the time, unless you have the brake lever up, then the button on the switch is let out and the dash light comes on. If you have a service manual then look it up, if not and you dont have a problem with taking your console apart then look for it. It should be the only button by the parking brake. I dont really know if there is for the parking brake but on your brake pedal there is a switch like the one I just described that is pressed in by a little rubber plug on your brake pedal. It plugs a hole so if the plug is gone the brake lights will stay on all the time.
__________________
"If God were suddenly condemned to live the life which he has inflicted on men, he would kill himself"
-Alexander Dumas (1802- 1870)
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX > Technical


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts