-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-21-2007, 09:37 AM
gw84's Avatar
gw84 gw84 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,031
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to gw84
anyone...car covers?

Does anyone on here use or have experiences with car covers? I bought one at a car parts store, but I'm not sure it's a decent cover. It only cost $59...the most expensive they had in stock. I just need something to block a little weather and keep cats from scratching my vehicle. I'm concerned about the material that's used on them....will it put scuffs/scratches on a vehicle's finish? It's a little softer than a tarp, but I'm not sure how that compares to some that are on the market. I guess I'll have to cut a hole for my antenna..YUCK!
__________________

This ain't your grandma's car!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Blue Bowtie's Avatar
Blue Bowtie Blue Bowtie is offline
Registered Offender
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,568
Thanks: 8
Thanked 346 Times in 341 Posts
Re: anyone...car covers?

Unscrew the antenna mast from the base and store it in the trunk.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2007, 10:41 AM
gw84's Avatar
gw84 gw84 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,031
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to gw84
Re: anyone...car covers?

Thanks Blue. I didn't think my antenna was removable, but according to Chilton, it is!! I also found out that the cover came with a patch to reinforce an antenna hole. I think I'll just cut the hole because I'll be 'installing'/removing the cover a lot....every couple of days or so. When I'm not driving it, I want it covered so that the cats can't slide down the hood, scratching it. Plus I will have to park it for a couple of weeks in a 'not so friendly' neighborhood. Having spent several thousand dollars on this vehicle "my baby" I don't want to take any chances. Thanks for the reply
__________________

This ain't your grandma's car!!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts