-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-15-2007, 07:33 PM
benztech82 benztech82 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
erratic idle at times

Hi guys. I'm new to this forum but have been posting in impala and Mercedes
categories. I'm having a little trouble from my 2003 Tahoe 5.3 75k. only in the summer when temps stay up in the mornings (70-75 deg F) the truck will
occasionally develop an erratic idle. it will bounce from regular idle speed which I think is about 700 rpm (I don't usually drive it) to about 900 rpm at
about 1 sec intervals or shorter. This will occur for about 30 seconds and slowly clear up and it will not happen again until sitting overnight and completely cooling down. IMHO it sounds like the fuel pressure is leaking down but I may be wrong. I was just curious if this is a common problem or do I need to do some digging and testing. just trying to skip a few steps if possible. thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts