Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Clio/Clio II/Clio III
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
acornisspinning
AF Newbie

1.4RT idle probs

Hi,I have been having idle probs with Clio 1.4RT,was advised that it may be either the idle control valve or the throttle body,I decided to replace throttle body which had idle valve attached,I still have the same idle prob,idles ok til engine warms up then idle drops right down but it doesn't stall,something(idle control valve) kicks in and puts the revs back up,when driving it hesitates as if something is blocked then clears and acceleration is ok,seems ok at motorway speed too,I seem to have tried everything,removed and cleaned the TDC sensor,replaced throttle body and idle control valve...I am not sure if maybe the ECU needs to be reset after replacing throttle body,I was considering replacing ECU with another off same model of car,do you think this would help? or is it a trip to the Auto Electrician for me!!!(GULP)any advice greatly appreciated,this seems to be a common problem with Clios,,,
acornisspinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:36 AM   #2
zoe1
AF Newbie

Re: 1.4RT idle probs

I have the exact same problem and was told on saturday that it will prob be the idle control valve. They said it may just need playing with and tuning or something. Also told to take somthing or another off,the round bit near the airfilter where the two pipes go into and clean it as it builds up alot of carbon and that.
If you do get any help i would be intresed to know.
Sorry its not really any help,wish i new myself.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
acornisspinning
AF Newbie

Re: 1.4RT idle probs

ok,I managed to locate problem,there was some loose wiring coming from the lambda sensor,I removed sensor and cleaned,as it was also clogged with soot...repaired wiring then put back together,took for a test run and all is now ok...at last!!!! so I would advice you to check the same,lambda sensor can be located on the cat/centre of exhaust,let me know how you get on,good luck!!
acornisspinning is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Clio/Clio II/Clio III