-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Aerostar
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Ima Ludite Ima Ludite is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1990 Aerostar ABS light

I have a 1990 Aerostar and my ABS light comes on after a hard brake and stays on for a few days. After that it goes off, and does not come on again until the next time I have a hard stop.

I noticed that if my van is parked uphill, the light goes off quicker than if it's parked pointing downhill.

I've had my brakes completely checked a number of times and everything is working fine.

I've had this car since new, and it has awd if that matters.

If you need any more information, just ask. This has been happening for quite a while and I'm anxious to have it fixed, so any suggestions will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-01-2007, 08:06 PM
mustangmike351c mustangmike351c is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 294
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1990 Aerostar ABS light

have the code pulled the next time its on. it maybe the rabs unit
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Ima Ludite Ima Ludite is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1990 Aerostar ABS light

Thanks for tip.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-2007, 11:50 PM
THEFARELANEMAN THEFARELANEMAN is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1990 Aerostar ABS light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Ludite
Thanks for tip.
I had the same issue, after being sure I had solid brakes I fixed the problem by using a small piece of black electrical tape and covering up the light.works great!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Aerostar


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts