-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 AM
SAGE569 SAGE569 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1998 Brvda - No AWD

I seek the wisdom of all -

1998 - AWD will not engage - It just stopped working.
No funny noise, No AWD dash warning light, just nothing.

I've checked the fuses/relays - OK
Quick inspection of the wiring and connections - all appear OK

I will do a more thorough check this weekend

Info. found.

Three main components drive/operate the system and wiring.

AWD ECM / Engagement motor / Encoder sensor

Ques.- How can the system fail and not prompt the dash AWD warning
light.

Or is it a wiring issue and the warning system cannot/is not degsigned
to interpret an electrical failure.

System bypass- Can I manually override the AWD ECM and Encoding
sensor by energizing the engagement motor with a simple toggle switch ?
On or OFF SAGETRAK

Cost issue - ECM $400.00 / Encoder $550.00 / Motor $200.00
misc. electical $100.00
I aint going behind the GM woodshed and sing 'Moon River' to the tune of a grand that is for sure.



SAGE569
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-29-2006, 11:57 AM
MT-2500's Avatar
MT-2500 MT-2500 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,690
Thanks: 5
Thanked 122 Times in 121 Posts
Re: 1998 Brvda - No AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGE569
I seek the wisdom of all -

1998 - AWD will not engage - It just stopped working.
No funny noise, No AWD dash warning light, just nothing.

I've checked the fuses/relays - OK
Quick inspection of the wiring and connections - all appear OK

I will do a more thorough check this weekend

Info. found.

Three main components drive/operate the system and wiring.

AWD ECM / Engagement motor / Encoder sensor

Ques.- How can the system fail and not prompt the dash AWD warning
light.

Or is it a wiring issue and the warning system cannot/is not degsigned
to interpret an electrical failure.

System bypass- Can I manually override the AWD ECM and Encoding
sensor by energizing the engagement motor with a simple toggle switch ?
On or OFF SAGETRAK

Cost issue - ECM $400.00 / Encoder $550.00 / Motor $200.00
misc. electical $100.00
I aint going behind the GM woodshed and sing 'Moon River' to the tune of a grand that is for sure.



SAGE569
Welcome on your first post.
Did you check both under hood and under and or/left side dash fuses?
First thing to check is does the light come on when key is turned on and engine off and then go off or come on and stay on.
If so you will need to get a engine and transmission and transfer case capable scanner on it and get the transfer case codes.
If the ligh does not come on at all I would check power feeds and grounds and relays.
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems.
MT
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts