-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-21-2002, 06:25 PM
SkyNex721's Avatar
SkyNex721 SkyNex721 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,149
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SkyNex721
Is this rice???

I have two vavle covers and I was thinking about stripping the paint off of one and painting it to match the car or polish until it's chrome. What do you think???
__________________

R.I.P. - You shall be resurrected.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-21-2002, 06:36 PM
91zc 91zc is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,320
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't think it is rice. I see nothing ricey about painting your valve cover.
__________________
91 civic 4dr
b16a
14.8@94
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-21-2002, 06:42 PM
nawoj nawoj is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you cant poish it untill it turns chrome...

chrome is a plating process, you add metal to it.

why are you worried about what we care? its your frigging car. do what you like.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-21-2002, 07:59 PM
mellowboy's Avatar
mellowboy mellowboy is offline
Amy dragged me here...
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,537
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Its not ricey lol. I painted mine aluminum and it turned out great. You can sand it tell its shiny. They have this special block sander for it. My friend did it to his and it came ok and its really shiny.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-21-2002, 09:27 PM
SkyNex721's Avatar
SkyNex721 SkyNex721 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,149
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SkyNex721
Quote:
Originally posted by nawoj
you cant poish it untill it turns chrome...

chrome is a plating process, you add metal to it.

why are you worried about what we care? its your frigging car. do what you like.
If you pollish the valve cover enough it will be as shiny as chrome I have seen this done. And I was just asking for opinios, so if you don't have one, piss off.
__________________

R.I.P. - You shall be resurrected.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-22-2002, 12:17 AM
nawoj nawoj is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
look i had an opinion... open your eyes.

Quote:
why are you worried about what we care? its your frigging car. do what you like.
if you spend less time worrying about wether or not people online will like your car or not, and more time doing what you like, you will be a much happier person

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-22-2002, 12:18 AM
Cjz89civic's Avatar
Cjz89civic Cjz89civic is offline
AF Premium User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,619
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Cjz89civic Send a message via Yahoo to Cjz89civic
Painting or polishing makes it look clean Better than a dul stock color. Do it fock all those that cant answer with a ya or na.





Negitive people suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-22-2002, 01:15 AM
Tony's Avatar
Tony Tony is offline
TLD Member #1
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 3,860
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Tony
I don't see it as ricer either. Sets your car out from others, but not too far out there like the ricers. If you do take some pics and post them. I would like to see one that isn't red or black.
__________________
Tony


91 Civic Sedan DX - Stock 287k Miles
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-22-2002, 04:24 PM
SkyNex721's Avatar
SkyNex721 SkyNex721 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,149
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SkyNex721
Quote:
Originally posted by nawoj
look i had an opinion... open your eyes.



if you spend less time worrying about wether or not people online will like your car or not, and more time doing what you like, you will be a much happier person

I am a very happy person. I was just wondering what other people thought about the subject. And who the hell said I was worried about it?? Typical NOOB.
__________________

R.I.P. - You shall be resurrected.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-22-2002, 04:38 PM
90civicrider's Avatar
90civicrider 90civicrider is offline
www.DecepticonRacing.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,607
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SkyNex721


If you pollish the valve cover enough it will be as shiny as chrome I have seen this done. And I was just asking for opinios, so if you don't have one, piss off.
Yes this can be done. I have also seen it.
Get all the black paint stuff off the cover. use a 400grit sandpaper, and wetsand it. This will make it look shiny. Then use some kind of chrome polish on it, and it will look likes it's polished.
__________________
||JEFF| |
Candy Orange 1990 Honda Civic H/B
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-22-2002, 08:36 PM
nawoj nawoj is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
when you ask the question " is this rice?" it implies that you are afraid of doing something that will get you ostricised from this community.

so either you worded the topic wrong, or you are just backpedeling.

either way. my opinion still stands...

do what YOU want.

and if trying to get people to think for there own makes me a noob

guilty as charged.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-22-2002, 10:59 PM
SkyNex721's Avatar
SkyNex721 SkyNex721 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,149
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SkyNex721
I just asked if it was rice or not. I am not impling anything. You are assuming. Whether or not you think it's rice, I'm gonna do what I think is best. No matter what anyone else thinks.
__________________

R.I.P. - You shall be resurrected.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-22-2002, 11:15 PM
mellowboy's Avatar
mellowboy mellowboy is offline
Amy dragged me here...
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,537
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mellowboy
Skynex just do it man who cares if its "ricey" . I mean shit our cars are pretty quick....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-22-2002, 11:16 PM
Spec2 Girl's Avatar
Spec2 Girl Spec2 Girl is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 7,218
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Spec2 Girl Send a message via AIM to Spec2 Girl
Keep it friendly guys.

As for my opinion. I don't see it as rice at all. There's nothing wrong with having a nice looking engine bay.
__________________
My latest ride!

1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-t


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-22-2002, 11:25 PM
H4Bangin's Avatar
H4Bangin H4Bangin is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,587
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to H4Bangin
90civicrider >>>>>Then use some kind of chrome polish on it, and it will look likes it's polished




NOT chrome polish!!!! Aluminum polish it has cutting agents in it chrome polish does not. use something like "Mothers" Aluminum polish

i think it would look good polished:licker:
__________________
********** My 94 SS **********

90 civic dx 4 door d16z6 - p28, aem intake, act stage one clutch, cheap header- commuter car
Reply With Quote
 
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this rice or what? Konflix Integra Integra 9 03-05-2004 01:41 PM
Check Out This Rice From Japan!!! CivicLx California 3 07-23-2003 05:23 AM
Check out this rice Ricochet Exterior | bodykits | Lighting 18 07-07-2003 11:41 AM
Is This Rice? Dippiedoo Lancer 15 12-27-2001 11:30 PM

Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts