|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
High Oil Pressure
I noticed my oil pressure gauge going up to 80 psi. It has never done that before. It was time for an oil change and after that was done, the pressure gauge stayed the same. Whats going on here? Is it my sending unit bad gauge. The check gauges light doesnt come on. I dont know if this helps but, when I turn the ignition in the aux position, the gauge goes to 80psi as well without even starting the car.
Any ideas? --Thanks Let me add some info: 2000 Jeep Cherokee. 2WD. 4.0L. Last edited by shoveit1012; 12-12-2006 at 07:24 AM. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: High Oil Pressure
Take the sender wire off...it should read zero.
If it is still high...it is wiring or the gage set has a problem. What year? Some years have a problem at the instrument pack connector. |
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: High Oil Pressure
Its a 2000 Cherokee Limited, 4.0L, 2WD, 4DR. What are possible solutions?
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: High Oil Pressure
Did you try taking the wire off yet?
Here is some previous posts.....just do a search... http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ht=instruments http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ht=instruments |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: High Oil Pressure
FIXED!!! It was the sending unit like I thought. Thanks for your help, AlohaBra.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: High Oil Pressure
As I was reading about your original problem, I was going to say it was the sending unit because I just had that problem last week. I had gotten my oil changed and then the next day my oil pressure gage shot up to 80. Freaked me out. Weird.
Glad you figured it out. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|