-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-29-2006, 10:01 PM
660Ryder 660Ryder is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How to: Fuel Filter...

My fuel filter has never been changed (to my knowledge) and the Rodeo is rolling around the big 100k mark soon. I was wondering if there is a thread/page with instructions and/or pictures to aid me. I'm not a complete moron (just replaced the exhaust system by myself ) but I don't want to make a stupid mistake and end up with more than a $10 parts bill. Any things I should watch to avoid or be careful of? Do I really need to remove the fuel pump fuse and all that jazz?

Thank you,
Alex
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-29-2006, 10:19 PM
amigo-2k amigo-2k is offline
Isuzu Guy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,386
Thanks: 2
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Re: How to: Fuel Filter...

http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/#faq16
__________________
-Ryan
Isuzu Moderator

Car Show Tips
Operations manager with a results-driven passion for process improvement
FAQ 98-04 Isuzu Rodeo, Rodeo Sport, Amigo, Trooper

SOLD - NOV2015 - 2000 Amigo, V6, HT winter, ST summer, 2wd
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Canucklehead Canucklehead is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 492
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to Canucklehead
Re: How to: Fuel Filter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo-2k
That FAQ is a good procedure except that the fuel filter on a first gen Rodeo is on the passenger's side frame rail just forward of the rear tire.
__________________
2000 VW New Beetle TDI
2007 Honda CR-V
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2006, 08:26 AM
660Ryder 660Ryder is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to: Fuel Filter...

Perfect! Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
surferfletch surferfletch is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,358
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: How to: Fuel Filter...

10 minute job.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ht=fuel+filter
This is from when I did mine a couple months ago.
__________________
1997 Isuzu Rodeo LS 3.2L V6 SOHC 4L-30E Dueler Alenzas 4x2

1997 TJ Sport 4.0L D35 rear 5 spd 31" Dayton Timberline ATs

1996 VW Jetta GLS 2.0L 5 spd
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2006, 03:12 PM
highlandlake highlandlake is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 459
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to: Fuel Filter...

...and put the penetrating lube to the threaded fittings well in advance to doing the job.
If there is corrosion/rust involved....it ain't no 10 minute job.

Take your watch off too. Fuel will spill down yer arm....
__________________
'65 Chevy Malibu SS
'06 Pontiac Vibe (a dead deer fits nicely in the back)
'04 Ford Escape
GMC S-15 4WD
'57 Chevy 210 post sedan
'51 Ford F2 pickup
Recently gone but not forgotten - 68 Chevelle, '97 Rodeo V6 4WD.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2006, 03:16 PM
highlandlake highlandlake is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 459
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to: Fuel Filter...

Hey! Surferfletch's photos showed no threaded fittings on the filter - just nipples. Mine had a nipple on one end, and pipe thread fitting on the other. Must have been swapped out in the past to a different style?
Sheez, maybe it is a ten minute job 660!
__________________
'65 Chevy Malibu SS
'06 Pontiac Vibe (a dead deer fits nicely in the back)
'04 Ford Escape
GMC S-15 4WD
'57 Chevy 210 post sedan
'51 Ford F2 pickup
Recently gone but not forgotten - 68 Chevelle, '97 Rodeo V6 4WD.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2006, 03:31 PM
surferfletch surferfletch is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,358
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: How to: Fuel Filter...

I wondered if mine was the factory filter or not. It was an AC filter and had been there since I bought the truck with 30K or so. Is mine the odd one?
__________________
1997 Isuzu Rodeo LS 3.2L V6 SOHC 4L-30E Dueler Alenzas 4x2

1997 TJ Sport 4.0L D35 rear 5 spd 31" Dayton Timberline ATs

1996 VW Jetta GLS 2.0L 5 spd
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-30-2006, 06:05 PM
highlandlake highlandlake is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 459
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: How to: Fuel Filter...

When I bought my '97, it had a fairly new filter and a new section of fuel line from the filter towards the tank. So it could have been a non-original style of filter that happened to fit the steel line that was used.
I'd like to know for certain, cause I have a new fuel filter in that box o' parts I have for sale, and want to make sure I've described it right.
Can someone with a '94 - '97 take a peek under their rig and see if the filter has two nipples or just one. (I like saying 'nipples')
Tom
__________________
'65 Chevy Malibu SS
'06 Pontiac Vibe (a dead deer fits nicely in the back)
'04 Ford Escape
GMC S-15 4WD
'57 Chevy 210 post sedan
'51 Ford F2 pickup
Recently gone but not forgotten - 68 Chevelle, '97 Rodeo V6 4WD.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Canucklehead Canucklehead is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 492
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to Canucklehead
Re: How to: Fuel Filter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandlake
When I bought my '97, it had a fairly new filter and a new section of fuel line from the filter towards the tank. So it could have been a non-original style of filter that happened to fit the steel line that was used.
I'd like to know for certain, cause I have a new fuel filter in that box o' parts I have for sale, and want to make sure I've described it right.
Can someone with a '94 - '97 take a peek under their rig and see if the filter has two nipples or just one. (I like saying 'nipples')
Tom
He said nipples...

err, anyways, back to the issue at hand.

Two nipples.
__________________
2000 VW New Beetle TDI
2007 Honda CR-V
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts