|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Clicking Noise When Braking
OK, yet another Mali problem...... When I push down on the brakes at slow speeds I notice a clicking noise coming from one of the front wheels. It only occurs at low speeds, and Im clueless at what it could be. My calipers are fairly new and are not loose, so any idea to what else this can be?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Clicking Noise When Braking
had the same problem after changing rotors. new or old rotors?
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Clicking Noise When Braking
Actually, it started doing it not too long after i replaced the rotors. I dont believe the rotors are loose....wheels are bolted in tightly, were you able to fix the problem?
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Clicking Noise When Braking
Sounds like maybe the brake pad wear indicators.
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Clicking Noise When Braking
Its not the indicators.....its more of a rattling noise than a scraping noise, and the pads are still full of life
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
check the brake pad retaining clips.
The clipos are five:
Two retaining clips on each pad,& a spider clip underneath the caliper housing, visiblefrom the top. (note to self): get new clips & bolts beforw the next pad change. )The clips can deform or have debris build up on them. Unfortunately, they don'tt sell them with the pads (that I know of )as a kit. I tend to use hardware parts past their normal life. You may want to change the Caliper bolts at the same time, as they round , due to the torque. Make sure you have a 12 & 13mm socket , as the bolts come in two different sizes. These are pricy bolts, so a new socket makes sense when replacing. Easy to change when you change the brake pads. Good luck! Reg |
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Clicking Noise When Braking
Yes it could be the brake hardware. When it gets stuck between the caliper and the pads, you can get that sound as well - been there; done that.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Clicking Noise When Braking
And I need another post to bypass 666.
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Clicking Noise When Braking
ill take a look into that, i know I changed the caliper bolts when i changed the calipers because i was paranoid of the bolts stripping....but ill take the pads off and check the hardware. Ill let you know if that did anything. Thanx
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Clicking Noise When Braking
if your hardware is ok (you can check without removing the pads, just remove the calipers and see if any contact between the hardware and the rotors) then suspect the new rotors. I did rotors on my malibu and had this problem, ended up I replaced the rotors again with first line parts and didn't have another problem. turns out the original new rotors were machined wrong, causing the pads to "skip" on the rotors...
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|