-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Vegasli Vegasli is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Back-up lights don't come on

I own a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT.

When I put my car on reverse back-up lights do not come on. I checked the fuse box in the engine compartment & changed the light bulbs, but the problem still exist.

What else can I do to fix this problem? Thank you & have a nice day
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-24-2006, 04:39 PM
maxwedge maxwedge is offline
A990 racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 17,072
Thanks: 26
Thanked 388 Times in 379 Posts
Re: Back-up lights don't come on

These issues can be simple as bulbs, but if not then it can get tough, not 100% sure here, but I believe the trans range switch sends a signal to both bcm and pcm and the bcm commands the bu lites, without a real wiring diagram , tough to tell. I assume you checked for 12v and ground at the sockets. Alldata.com has complete online manuals for 25.00 for 1 year access.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-26-2006, 01:32 PM
rodeo02 rodeo02 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,213
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Back-up lights don't come on

Didn't the 2002-2003's have issues with the lamp holders/sockets for the rear lense assemblies? Hopefully it's just that. A quick check for a functioning trans range/mode sensor is watch the PRND321 dash lights. If they flicker, flip around at random or dont line-up with what you selected with the floor shifter, you've got a range sensor issue. I believe it's internal to the trans on the 4L60E. A bad range sensor will make the trans shift in failsafe mode which will give harsh shifts.

Joel
__________________
2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i base CVT
2016 Nissan Quest SV
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2006, 10:29 PM
edbrycem edbrycem is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Back-up lights don't come on

I think that light issue was primairly for the brake lights not working.......I could be wrong though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-28-2006, 03:27 PM
maxwedge maxwedge is offline
A990 racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 17,072
Thanks: 26
Thanked 388 Times in 379 Posts
Re: Back-up lights don't come on

Correct, but it is possible the bu lites could be affected hence the prior suggestion to confirm 12v and gd at the sockets.
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts