-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Dmartin_1 Dmartin_1 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 59
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool !991 FUEL PROBLEMS (I'm Back)

Hi I'm back with fuel problems I have a 1991 F150 ex. cab 5.0 engine duel tanks.
It runs super fine on front fuel tank if I switch to rear tank it cuts out bad .
If I run the front tank out of fuel it will run fine on rear tank but it has to be conpletly empty on the front tank.
I took it to Smith Ford In Conway Arkansas for the recall and they didn't fix the problem (looks like they didn't even take the tanks off) but they charged Ford Motor Co. $80.00.
The Next time I took it to SMITH FORD conway Ar. To clean the fuel system and check it they burnt up my conputer $400.00 and did not even replace the conputor .I had to take it to another shop to fix that he said it had 19 different codes showing so he fixed the conputer problem. $300.00
I do highly recommend Hargroves Garage in Greenbrier Arkansas.
But say away from SMITH FORD CONWAY ARKANSAS

Oh also I seem to have a lot of pressure in the front tank when I open the cap.
Thanks Danny
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-18-2006, 06:29 PM
1990 1990 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: !991 FUEL PROBLEMS (I'm Back)

This may be simplistic and somewhat stupid, but did you check for a leak in the rear tank? My 96 had the same problem and I found a small pinhole in the rear tank under a hanger strap. Changed the tank, poof, no chugging-burping-farting. Probably not helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Lostandconfused Lostandconfused is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: !991 FUEL PROBLEMS (I'm Back)

Dmaritn 1,
Did you ever pinpoint the problem? My 96 auto straight 6 dual tanks does the same thing!! Let me know please! Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-23-2006, 01:18 PM
1990 1990 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: !991 FUEL PROBLEMS (I'm Back)

Replacing the rear tank fixed the problem. Not sure the exact reason, maybe air was getting into the line, maybe high condensation.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-23-2007, 05:38 PM
dube0119 dube0119 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow Re: !991 FUEL PROBLEMS (I'm Back)

I have change the fuel regulator, filter, checked the line for blockage and I still haven't found the problem with my 1992 Ford F-150. The pressure builds in the tanks and sends gas flying out of my tanks. First it was the front tank but now its the back tank. I just can't find the problem. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > F Series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts