-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Econoline
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 PM
leroge leroge is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 76
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Econoline Starting Problem - Electrical?

Every now and then, my 2001 E150 XLT will not start. I turn the key and I hear one 'click'. I turn the key repeatedly and eventually it will turn over with no problem. Seems this happens in the colder weather. Its not that same multiple 'click' one gets when the battery is low or out of power. Its a simple 'one' click. As I repeatedly turn the key, every now and then the electric doors lock and unlock. Thinking it may be the result of a bad battery ( which was bad ), I recently purchased a new one but I continue to have the same problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Roger
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2006, 07:33 PM
mustangmike351c mustangmike351c is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 294
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Econoline Starting Problem - Electrical?

check the starter solenoid
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 AM
cfrank2 cfrank2 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Econoline Starting Problem - Electrical?

Starter solenoid
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Econoline


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts