-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-05-2006, 06:17 PM
mdg-02-Z71 mdg-02-Z71 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question That annoying bell

Greetings all,

Has anyone figured out how to disable the annoying Bell in the cab?
I use my 02 silverado every day on the farm, making a lot of short trips.
Needless to say I leave the keys in it throughout the day. Which means
Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding all day. I know take the keys out! I use the radio
all day.

Thank's
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-06-2006, 02:04 AM
Rmbodie's Avatar
Rmbodie Rmbodie is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: That annoying bell

I am trying to find that chime module under the dash myself . I have learned myself to put the seatbelt on before putting the key in to avoid it . Maybe you can buckle the seat belt and leave it accross the seat . Rob
__________________
2000 Trans Am six speed Blackbird .Fast enough stock!
2005 Grand Prix.
2005 2500HD Silverado 4x4 , Duramax!!!!!!! Lifted ,Pumped,Humped,Thumped!
1988 JEEP Cherokee: Lifted, Sons new toy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-2006, 07:17 AM
Bill-SILV Bill-SILV is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 115
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: That annoying bell

I thought I heard one time that the chime came through the speakers in the door that your radio uses. So you dont want to disconnect them and lose your radio.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2006, 12:23 PM
huero huero is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: That annoying bell

That Chime is annoying. I tryed to disconnect it but could not locate it. I hate listening that thing car while I wash/detail the interior with my doors open and radio on. I hate that thing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2006, 12:37 PM
bigbadram51 bigbadram51 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 407
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: That annoying bell

Look for a manual, the chime can be eliminated if you cut the right lead in the stereo harness. Im just not sure of which lead it is, I wanted to keep mine when i installed my dvd system and now the chime has its own seperate speaker behind the dash.
__________________
2004 Silverado Half-Ton Crew
7-9" Cognito Lift (set at 8" right now) Betts 7" rear springs w/factory block
3" PA Body Lift
Yukon 4.88's with Auburn LSD
Xentec 6500k HID lows, Silverstar Ultra brights
Wade in channel window vents
Covermaster Top
Flowmaster 40 series, dual outs
Nelson 89/91 HOT TUNE
20" MB Gunner 6's, 37" Toyo Open Country MT's
Eclipse AVN6600 w/sirius and IPOD controllers
Code Alarm w/ Remote Start
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2006, 06:27 PM
mdg-02-Z71 mdg-02-Z71 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: That annoying bell

Thank's to all for posting, I just don't get it with GM. This truck is smart enough that you can not lock the doors with the key in the ignition, but they left the bell in to worn you. To top it off if you drive with your seatbelt off the bell does stop after a while.
good luck to all.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2006, 10:24 AM
jeverett's Avatar
jeverett jeverett is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett
Re: That annoying bell

99-02's the dinger is built into the BCM which is located under the steering column under the dash. Good luck disabling it. I never could.
__________________
1998 ECSB Z71
Whelen LED's
Kenwood 2-way
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts