|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Cavalier Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? We can help. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
iv got a problem with my 89 2.0 auto cavalier. im gettin fuel im gettin spark and i did a fuel pressure test and while cranking it had 10-11 psi and 7 key on engine off. it starts off a spary of starting fluid but dies right after. Its got a throttle body.
Last edited by T_rev87; 11-14-2006 at 12:57 AM. |
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 89 cavalier problem. help please :)
If it's fuel injected that's not nearly enough fuel pressure. Check with your dealer or local shop.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 89 cavalier problem. help please :)
The ignition module also triggers the fuel injectors (so to speak). It could be a bad ignition module.
I have a selection of tester modules that I use. Before I purchase a new one, I'll swap in a known good one just to make sure. Once you purchase an electrical part, it's non returnable. Throttle body systems run on low pressure, so 10 to 12 psi is good. 15 to 17 is max. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|